Nineteen eminent and qualified people were identified, proposed and tentatively appointed or selected on UIMRC Board of Directors. This maiden Board of Directors was inaugurated on 26th March, 2019 at Hotel Africana, presided over by Al Hajji Eweki .H.E the Ambassador, professor Emeritus, Dr. Badru Kateregga, the vice Chancellor of Kampala university Original, as the chief guest.
The maiden Board of Directors list
|1||Dr. Ibrahim Matovu||Chairman /Human resource||+256-772504413|
|2||Sh. Jawad Mbogo||C.E.O/ Founder||Jawadmbogo4@gmail.com/ +256-701810210|
|3||Hajji Juma .K.Miiti||Member/founder||+256-703208086|
|4||Mr. Abdu Noor Kibuuka||Member/founder||+256-701094669|
|7||Mr. Matovu Isa .J.||Fundraising|
|8||Hajjati Rehema Ssebagala||Community||+256-759655395|
|10||Eng. Muhammad Nsereko||Engineering||+256-701730009|
|11||Hajjati Sarah Kusiima||Legal officer||+256-701338055|
|12||Hajji Abdul Kayiwa||research||+256-772419993|
|13||Mr. Isaac Mugerwa||research||+256-753757757|
|14||Hajji Abdul Karim Kalisa||Marketing||+256-701555000|
|15||Shk. Sulaiman Aman||Secretary||Asiimweaman@gmail.com/ +256-772957262|
|16||Hajjat Zam Kaboneka||legal|
|17||Dr. Masembe karamadi||+256-701446068|
|18||Sh. Sulaiman Ndawula||Foreign affairs|
|19||Ian Coulter||Foreign affairs|
Mr. Ian T. Coulter, Hajj Abdul Kayiwa Bukanso and Hajj Isaac Mugerwa were added later.
UIMRC working relationships /partnership.
Since its inception, UIMRC has cultivated good working relationship and enjoyed development partnership from several organizations and individuals at both national and International levels. Among others include:
- The government of Uganda (Ministry of tourism ,wildlife &Antiquities
- The Uganda Muslim Supreme council/ UMSC
- Makerere university –Kampala Uganda
- Islamic University in Uganda –IUIU
- Biblical Institute for Islamic studies Houston U.S.A
- Inter-Religious council of Uganda (IRCU)
- Kampala University original
- Anglican Church of Uganda
- The parliament of Uganda
- Uganda Catholic church
- The Uganda Civil Aviation Authority
- Uganda National Council of sports (FUFA)
- Association Nigeria Students in Uganda
- Vijana Agency.
- Several secondary schools primary schools in Uganda etc.
We recognize the important contributions of:
- Hajji Yusuf Mbazira who donated one Acre of land in kiboga, Hoima Road, Uganda.
- Mr. Ian Coulter (USA) through whom we obtained a computer system, scanner, and work station. He also facilitated the set up of this website.
- Hajji Abdul Kayiwa Bukanso, who supported our fulltime museum attendant.
- UIMRC (Islamic museum and Research Centre) has been recognized by the Commissioner of Museums, Uganda chapter as a tourism product in Uganda – Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities (MOTWA).
- Various scholars and researchers are expressing interest to work with UIMRC.
- Inadequate personnel to man the museum
- Inadequate space to fully accommodate the available artifacts
- Inadequate office equipment, materials and other resources means of transport.
- To acquire land in a strategic location for the construction of UIMRC permanent Headquarters – a complex comprising of a mosque, indoor games facility, conference hall, Library, Restaurant, Shopping centre and accommodation facilities.
- Collaboration with eminent scholars and institutions, for research engagements and acceptable knowledge production, preservation, dissemination and transfer.